I am just so loving summer fruits – apricots, nectarines, peaches, oh my goodness. So far untouched by the relentless sun of summer, they are sweet, juicy and divine.
So too the mangoes. So many this year, and so cheap. Last night I made mango rice using my quickie rice method – 1 cup rice into the rice cooker with 1 cup water, 2 diced tomatoes, 1 diced small-medium mango, 2 dried chillies, 2 fresh garlic cloves sliced, a little salt, 1/2 tspn turmeric, 1/2 onion chopped fine, a large drizzle of ghee, any other spices you have lying around. Cook. Open the lid, stir the veg and mango through the rice, add chopped coriander leaves and mix through. Close the lid and let sit for 3 – 5 minutes. Serve.
Oh my goodness, it’s drop dead gorgeous rice.
Spider (trying to) Love
In other news, I have a large huntsman spider co-sharing my house. Currently in the bathroom, he is the source of some nervousness, even though he seems to be telling me not to worry. If I could divorce my inbuilt emotion around the presence of spiders, he does have a lovely presence, and would make a great companion. As long as he stays where I can see him and away from my bedroom at night.
Mango Love and Goodness
- November 14th, 2011. Mangoes are King (ganga108.wordpress.com)
- Easy Breezy Green Mango Rice ~ Mamidikaya Pulihora (veggieplatter.blogspot.com)
- November 13th, 2011. Perfect Rice and The Balcony. (ganga108.wordpress.com)
- Mango Dal.. (konkanworld.blogspot.com)
- Mango Rice and 5 years of blogging (ahaar.blogspot.com)
- Ginger Mango Pickle
- Mango Chutney
- Summer Salad with Citrus Lavender Dressing
- Mango Sanjori