In September, 2000, I had just shifted to Sydney, in time for the Olympics. It was a wonderful time in Sydney; the whole city was celebrating. We all ate dinner in front of the TV for the whole month.
If you gotta eat in front of the Olympics, you may as well make it healthy and easy to prepare. Don’t forget that glass of wine to go with it.
|Dip:||100g cream cheese||180 g blue cheese|
|100 g crème fraîche||2 Tblspn Brandy|
|a few drops tabasco sauce||2 Tblspn dark soy|
|Vegetables||1 cauliflower cut or broken into heads||500 g carrots cut into thick 7 or 8 cm strips|
|1 head celery cut into 7 or 8 cm strips||1 bunch radishes, leaves and root removed with a cross cut into the base.|
Blend all dip ingredients.
Serve in a bowl surrounded by the prepared vegetables.
- Asparagus Pesto
- Cacik: Turkish cucumber and Yoghurt Mezze
- Cheat’s Hummus – Hummus made from a can of chickpeas or butter beans
- Nut Butters – How to make them
- Salsa Verde
- Tahina Tarator (Tahini Spread)
- Thick Yoghurt Tahina Dip with Herbs
- Tomato and Chilli Jam
- Yoghurt, Feta and Mustard Dip