So old fashioned, fresh horseradish. I do hope that you can find some, or grow your own. This sauce or spread is so gorgeous when made at home.
Good with horseradish directly from the garden.
|1 Tblspn finely grated horseradish||juice 1 lemon||1.25 cups cream|
Slowly add lemon juice to the cream. Continue to stir until it has thickened. Add the horseradish and leave to sit at room temperature for 1 hour or more.
Use on avocado slices, for potato salad, on bean salads, as a mayonnaise, ….
From the Late Summer Series
- Aloo Baingan Wadi Ki Subzi (Tomato, Eggplant and Potato Subzi with Wadi)
- Asparagus Salad with Coriander Ginger Dressing
- Chickpeas with Ginger Root Salad
- Eggplant with Sesame and Soy
- Golden Gentle Dal
- ISKON Easy Mung Dal
- More on Cooking Sambar – Hot, Salty or Sour?
- Mung Bean Flour Mini Dosa
- On Cooking Vegetables for Sambar
- On the Making of Sambar Powder